I just got Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2: Recordbreaker (say that five times fast) and I have learned two things.
1. It's a 100+ hour PSA on the dangers of peer pressure.
2. Atlus thought it was too nice with the Persona series and decided now was the time to buttfuck you without lube.
Now, battles are tactic-y which I've never played before but it's not turning me onto the genre. If you lose you get a chance to start the battle over and keep all your EXP and skills from the battle you just lost. Neat!
Too bad if you lose AT ANY PART OF A MULTIPART BATTLE YOU WLL GO BACK TO THE FUCKING BEGINNING. That's not even mentioning if you need to turn off your DS and go to the menu screen, you lose ALL your EXP and skills. I found this out after spending a day and a half on one boss battle. And now I have to get a day and a half's worth of EXP again.
I know this is supposed to make the game difficult but there's a difference between difficult and infuriating. Can I say something nice? Sure so far I don't hate the characters but Daichi comes across as a less-likeable Yosuke and Io's tits are kinda scary.
These are legit the ingame sprites I shit you not.
Otherwise the characters are pretty interesting.
As a sidenote, am I really in the minority for liking Yosuke the best in Persona 4? Really? Guys, it's BROSUKE. C'mon!
I'll be diving back into this game tonight. Wish me luck!
- Current Mood: sore
- Current Music:Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard
Adventures in Hentai: What I've been doing, screencapping hentai games and mocking them.
Sometimes I Review Porn: The above but with horrible porno starring living breathing beings.
Playing Dirty: Sexual tabletop roleplaying.
Horrors of the Kink Meme: IT'S BAAAAACK.
And no, just because it's on Tumblr doesn't mean the censors are going away. I find them funny.
This is less of a screencap adventure and more of "I actually got a reasonably compelling game and there were a few silly and soul crushing parts." This is also a hell of a lot more disjointed than my last Adventures in Hentai, so I'll break it down best I can. That isn't to say there isn't a more thorough breakdown of a mission! There is, I just need to prep it because it's pretty awful.
THIS ENTRY IS NSFW AND HAS PRETTY GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF RAPE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
( It was this or the Persona 4 cosplay porno. You're welcome for making the wrong decision.Collapse )
- Current Mood: sleepy
- Current Music:Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
I'm in probably the most incestuous tabletop gaming group ever. A player in one is a GM in another and vice versa and I GMed a game that a player made a sequel to so I'm playing in that. It's dice rolling cousin lovin' and it works out pretty well.
Occasionally the grand master of GMs, Tzelael, will go "HEY I FOUND THIS GAME. WE SHOULD PLAY IT BECAUSE IT PROBABLY SUCKS." To which we go "SURE WHY NOT." And that's how Golden Sky Stories entered the picture.
( THIS GUY MADE A TABLETOP WITH 10 YEAR OLD GIRLS IN TRANSPARENT MAID COSTUMES. THIS CAN'T GO WRONG.Collapse )
- Current Mood:Headachey
- Current Music:When Can I See You Again - Owl City
ANIME EXPO IS OVER AND I LOVE LAWYERS EVEN MORE NOW. I'm posting the shit out of the photo of my Athena cosplay looking swaggy as fuck between two Apollos. If I didn't ship it before I do now.
- MORE ONE FINE DAY IN NEVERLAND! A new villager has arrived and the Mayor has completed his shark dungeon! (Located on the first floor.) What is Tom's next move to overthrow the Mad Man of Neverland? Will Erik and the Mayor's bromance be enough to survive Tom and Butch's treachery? WILL DUSTER EVER KICK TOM OUT TO PROGRESS THE BLEEPING STORYLINE. FIND OUT.
- Adventures in Hentai: It's a Threesome! YAY!: Yes, Adventures in Hentai does not have just one, not two, but THREE new horrible hentai games lined up courtesy of the fine folks at J-List! No seriously, both the gentlemen that helped me pick new victims were beautiful souls that appreciate the art of mocking the shit out of these things (and threw in a third game free. What darlings <3)
On the chopping block for Adventures in Hentai is two that made it onto the poll for the next game and one newcomer the booth guy recommended. Now the three people who watch me. Decide your fate; which is the first game to take over Let's Meow Meow's place? (Not entirely, I'm just gonna pick scenes and cap those. Possible crossposting to weepingcock? You guys liked the last Let's Meow Meow post!)
Pick your poison! Which game is first?
Join us next time as the Mayor furnishes his house, builds a room dedicated to the ideologies of Heaven's Gate, and spies on the budding romance of treachery and treason.
- Current Mood: tired
- Current Music:Law and Order
Until then, pick the next game Adventures in Hentai will cover! Your choices are...
Cosplay Fetish Academy: Protagonist gets struck by a bolt of lightning and magically super skimpy boobs-running-free sailor uniforms are normal and accepted. Has more pasties than I've seen anywhere ever and the highest possibility of chaffing I've ever seen. Cameltoe out the wazoo.
My Girlfriend is the President: Aliens crash a UFO into the White House and kill the entire Japanese government, so they brainwash the world into thinking the protagonist's next door neighbor, typical hentai loli chick, is the president of the world. None of what I typed is wrong. Also, you can fuck female Vladmir Putin and a space ship in the form of a 14 year old girl.
Enzai - Falsely Accused: The only yaoi title on this list because JList is pretty sparse with yaoi. Post French Revolution murder mystery in a prison full of the worst yaoi people I've ever seen in my life. Seriously, this art is fucking awful you could run yaoihands off of it for at least five years. Lovingly nicknamed "Gay Miserables."
PICK YOUR POISON.
PICK YOUR POISON
- Current Mood: drained
- Current Music:Weirdos on Skype
- Current Mood: hungry
- Current Music:Weirdos on Skype
- Finishing at least one path of Let's Meow Meow. Ideally I'd like to do them all but there's only so much I can do before my soul will go on strike.
- Horrors of the Kink Meme should be a thing again? Dual Destinies is out and Ace Attorney fandom never disappoints with weird. I will admit I feel a little bad whenever I feature the Ace Attorney folk because they take their weird in stride unlike the slimy tarpit of slithering, chittering organic matter that is the Supernatural fandom.
- Hey by the way Dual Destinies, totally cool and all, but what the fuck is this everything Japanifornia. Can we talk about this. AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE FACT THAT KLAVIER'S NOT GERMAN VOICE CHALLENGES MY LADYBONER.
- The Forbiden Fruit will return! I just need to find the file.
Ahem. Yeah, hentai and kink memes! On it like a handsy seme!
- Current Mood: awake
- Current Music:It's the End of the World As We Know It - REM